Sunday, July 28, 2013

Breads & sandwiches

Breads & sandwiches

        Breads and sandwiches have become a common breakfast at home. Mornings are lazy for me with my 6 months old aadhu. It's rush hour for my hubby. I am very fascinated with bread and love to try all types of bread sandwiches. I need something quick, appealing and healthy. I know its not only me in this situation, there are many mothers like me.  My hubby dislikes bread. Making him eat is a big task. It took many years to convince him.
   Now, i am posting a few healthy and nutritive sandwiches.

Double decker grilled sandwich.

Ingredients

Whole wheat bread or sandwich bread - 12 slices
Butter for toasting

For carrot chutney:
Carrots - 4
Red chilly - 6
Urad dal - 2 tbs
Oil - 1 sp
Salt to taste

For mint chutney:
Mint leaves  - 1 bunch
Green chilly - 3
Jeera - 1 tsp
Fried gram dal - 4 tbsp
Salt to taste
Oil - 1 sp

Method

First prepare both chutneys separately and keep aside.
Heat oil in pan, add urad dal ,  red chilly  and grated carrota and saute for few minutes.
Add salt and when cool, grind as chutney in a mixie.
For mint chutney, heat oil add jeera, green chillies and mint leaves.
Add fried gram dal and salt. Grind as chutney in mixie.
Cut the sides of the bread.
Take three slices of bread. On one layer spread carrot chutney. Place another bread on top.
Now spread mint chutney and close it with another slice.
Spread butter on top and toast the breads in  griller.
Now sandwiches are ready to serve hot .




No comments:

Post a Comment