Friday, July 5, 2013

A healthy breakfast!

Palak & capsicum oothappam
        I started my day today with an healthy and quick breakfast! I plucked spinach leaves from my garden and some veggies at home. I used capsicum, onion, tomato and palak. any other vegetables can be added according to availability.

Ingredients

Dosa batter  - 4 cups
Palak - 1/2 bunch
Capsicum - 1
Onion - 1
Tomato - 1
Chilly powder  - 1 tbsp
Turmeric powder - a pinch
Oil  - 2 tbsp
Jeera - 1tsp

Preparation

Chop all veggies and palak finely.
Heat oil in the kadai, add jeera, chopped onion, tomato, capsicum and atlast palak.
Saute' for few minutes and add turmeric and chilly powder.
After 5 minutes, add thia mixture to the dosa batter.
Heat tawa, pour this batter as oothappams and serve it hot with coconut chutney!







No comments:

Post a Comment